This last week has been yet another in our crazy lives. I did something I have never done before and pretty sure won't do again. Justin and I put the kids to bed on Thurs night, I told him I was going for a walk and left. I walked down to the Bonfire, had a margarita and came home. Yep, by myself sat at the bar and drank. The reason for my "behavior" you ask. Here it is...
We had a plumber come to look at the stool in Justin's bathroom. It was leaking under the floor so we had no clue. The sub-floor is gone and we need to replace it, the toilet, and the top flooring. Then I had to call him back to look at the main bathroom shower. Since it was leaking in a room we always have closed off, again we had no clue. The damage there; the sub-floor is so wet it has extended to the next room, we need to replace all the sub-floor, the tub faucet and the tiling in the tub. As I am showing the plumber the "problems" we walk into the storage room to find a gigantic puddle of water! By this point I am about to explode. I don't know if I should cry or kick the freakin wall in. The air conditioner is plugged and has leaked into the playroom. How many freaking floors are we going to have to replace in this house?!!!! I am ticked because we have three bathrooms and can't use one of them. I can't react in front of the kids because it would probably be ranting and raving and it isn't their fault....for once. :) The contractors are booked for the next three months and handy men don't exist in Broken Bow so as of now we aren't sure when the "fixing" will start. The joys of being a home owner right! I know everything will get fixed and it will be fine, I just need a little patience as we get through the next few months using Justins shower, the toilet in the main bathroom, and no bathroom in the basement. While having triplets that still can't make it to the bathroom fast enough. :)
We took poor Aubrey to the Dr last Sat for a yeast infection. He gave us some topical cream and sent us home. By Wed it was clearing, but not like I thought it should so I loaded everyone back in the car and headed back to Kearney. They put her on a different cream and an antibiotic and I changed back to the Huggies we were using. Finally it has cleared and she is comfortable again. She is saying more and more words and understands requests you ask of her. This doesn't mean she is going to listen! She is a stinker and likes to rile her brothers. She will walk over to where they are playing disrupt their toys and take off running. I think it's about time she starts giving them a taste of their own medicine, but of course I have to tell her no.
The boys are talking in books now. I thought they would use sentences first, but Kaiden and Everett have decided they don't need that stage. Everett is forever asking "who brung dis to our hwouse?". He has to know where everything has come from. Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes has possessed Kaiden as he never has a normal face. He is always sticking his tongue out, scrunching up his face and being weird. I always swore if I ever had a boy he would not be weird. I will admit that I have three weird boys that do annoying boy things and I can not control it. I just can't wait to pass them on to a teacher to deal with some day! :)
We are going to attempt VBS this week and I am really looking forward to it. It is Mon-Fri 9-12. WHOO HOO! Aubrey and I are going to get some things done and spend some time together. We are all leaving to go visit Uncle Jimmie Don in KS on Thursday after VBS so it should be a fun week. A week that will hopefully not send me to the bar! :) ;) Have a great day everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment