Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crow

I like to keep busy doing something, anything. So since we have moved to NE and to a community of 400 or so the job market isn't the greatest. I have been searching, but nothing has happened. Justin calls me to help doctor pasture cattle or drive the pick up while he sets t-posts for electric fence when crops are harvested. I love those days. It gets me out and I feel like I am doing something. I know cleaning the house, making supper, and unpacking are doing something but it's not the same.

When I am at home I think I need to change things so our crazy fun life with supposedly "flow". To help make this "flow" occur so far I have ripped out two walls and tore the carpet out of the bathroom. I did have someone come in a take the walls out but after watching them and paying them $300 I thought, "seriously, I could have done that". Sometimes I think that thought sends shivers down my husbands spine, but he is so encouraging and patient. He seems to just roll with the flow and if he can help out he jumps in when he is home. So now the clothes that were in two closets are packed into the triplets closet and laying in our bedroom. I was used to calling a contractor, having them show up and completing the job in a couple weeks. Weeelllll...let's just say I am learning as we go with the whole how to remodel thing. :) The kids loved it! They each grabbed a hammer and helped to take down lathe and plaster. That stuff is so gross. Now I need to get some dry wall up and complete the closet so I can get my clothes out to the triplets room. They keep saying I am messing up their room! I think they like to have the ability to say I am at fault for a mess. ;)

The other wall I took out was in the entry so we could have one full wall for a double coat rack and long shoe bench. We needed some more space for all six of our coats and winter gear to fit. Oh yea, that's in the triplets room too! ...and it's all on hold

I was asked to substitute para for a gal at the school so yesterday I actually went to work.  YES, it was work! Those kids can be brutal, fun, but brutal. I sit down at the kindergarten table to start and before I could speak I got an ear full. This is what we do, how we do it, and this is what you do! Bless their hearts they were trying to be helpful, I had to chuckle. I thanked them and we went on. They are asking my name and this little boy pipes up "Hey! If your name is Mrs Blackbird, we could just call you Crow!" I was rolling on the floor laughing! Seriously, where do they come up with this? He thought he was a genius coming up with it till I corrected him and told him my name is Blackburn not Blackbird.

So I get to the second grade class and this little boy says "are you like a cowboy or something?" Huh?! "Ummm, no but I am married to a cowboy" "What!? You're married?" "Yea, I have four kids." He falls out of his chair, gets back in and sits down, looks at me and while putting his hand on the table says: "Let me get this straight. Your married, AND have kids!" Laughing I say "Yes, I have three boys that are in second grade and little girl in kindergarten." Finally, it hits another boy and he points his finger at me and yells "Your the triplets Mom!!" Yes, I am Will and you sit in Tehl's row and are his friend." I made it through that class session and headed to the next.

It was a good day and I must have done OK because the school called this morning and asked if I could work Wed and Thurs all day. Guess the "construction" will have to wait another week. We have three boys turning EIGHT (how can they be 8??) on Saturday and family is coming. Maybe I shove more things in the triplets closet to make room for our guests ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment