Monday, April 15, 2013

What an AMAZING weekend! We had  so much fun and it's so nice to be able to stay home and hang out. So Sat. each of the kids had a friend come over. I picked them up at 1:30 pm and they played and played and played! The boys stayed down at the creek in the fort the boys had made, then they would come in and play Lego's and farm for awhile. Head back out and ride bikes, everyone played great together and I think they all sleep soundly. We just had a batch of kittens and the kids from town loved seeing them. Their eyes are still closed with their cords attached. As much as I told them they couldn't hold them and had to stay away, they went right back in there! Sure enough Momma cat moved them. We also have two bottle calves and they got a kick out of petting them and watching them eat. Two of the kids had never been on a bike before so we put the training wheels back on Aubrey's bike for the girl and the boy rode the scooter. They were hilarious there were six 7 year olds and two four year olds out there riding and no one crashed into each other! It was good watching! They finally got hungry and came in to eat, the conversations were hysterical to listen to. At first when the kids showed up a couple of them wanted to play the Wii and the DS and I said "no, let's not play those with everyone here". They looked dumbfounded at first like "what are we supposed to do??" It didn't take them long to head outside and take it all in!
Sunday we all (well, not Justin) slept in till 9 and it was way too late to get going for church. I made breakfast and we got some cleaning done and laundry started and headed out the door at 10:30 to ride the horses. It was so nice out! The kids were running around and Aubrey was walking on the snake along the loading tub by the load out chute. Well this snake has rungs on it instead of a webbed walk way. Her dang foot slipped off and she fell between a set of rungs then her body fell to the side and she was hung up in the snake hanging by her thigh. I didn't her Dad could run so fast. He barreled over the fence and had her before I could get to the fence and I was closer to her! Tough little thing was OK, more shook up than anything. She put her shoes back on and kept hoping around.  Everett rode the pony Pippa while I rode Butch and Justin rode Homer. After an hour of trotting on the pony Everett doubles over and says "My tummy hurts!". I chuckled and said it's because you are riding on a pony and they are so bouncy. He said "well, I want to ride Butch" well, crap I should have just shut up because he started riding her and now he doesn't want to go back to the pony! Kaiden rode Pippa while Everett was on Butch, they had so much fun dinking around. Tehl wanted to ride Butch so he hopped up on her and had a great time too. It's so good to see them horseback!
Around 4 we headed back to the house and decided to get the bunk beds set up. They were still at Jimmie's house so we headed over there got them picked up and set up in the kids' room. Aubrey was adamant she was going to sleep on the top. Kaiden and Everett still sleep together so they were on the bottom bunk. I put a pillow and some blankets on the floor just in case she did fall off. Sure enough, at 4:40 am I heard the clunk and ran in there to see if she was OK. She was pretty out of it, ran to the restroom climbed back into bed and went to sleep. Thank little girl is so dang tough!
We had fun times this weekend and we are so blessed to have each other! I will post pictures a bit later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment