Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Well the last few months have been a whirl wind but we still have our feet on the ground and I guess that is all we can ask for. Justin was let go from his job Jan 15th which is so frustrating since I just started working full time Jan 2. I was so excited with my first check I sat down and paid some bills. Yes, I was excited to pay bills since it hasn't happened in awhile. I am so thankful I have a job or I would have ended back up in the hospital with the stress of it all and I certainly don't want to do that to my family again. So I did a few weeks of 70 hours at work and it is helping to keep us afloat. The kids keep asking "why do have to go to work all the time Mom?" I think this is weird that the kids think I am just supposed to be home all day but then again, isn't that why I had kids? So I could be here to raise them. I just tell them that we have to go to work to make money to buy food and they get that. I also understand that I am not the only Mother working, but I am still jaded about having to work what the heck is that about? I am just really glad I was raised with a mind to get a job and take care of your family sometimes you don't like but all the time you have to do it. The way I figure it is you aren't going to like everything in life. I don't like the place I work at but I do like the insurance, the pay, the fact that I can provide for my family. So we do what it takes to survive, what do they say "put your big girl panties on and get over it". :)
The kids have been doing good and no one has been sick for a few months thank goodness. I am amazed at how they are growing...I know every parent is. I think I notice it more since I have been working that they seem so much bigger. The other day I picked the boys up from the bus and Tehl says "Mom, I lost my tooth at school today!!" as he showed off his new space already being occupied by a new sprout. I was so excited for him! My Mom came up to help me out for a weekend since Justin went to the ranch in KS to help his brother out. One day Mom, Aubrey, and I went up to the school to eat lunch with the triplets and Tehl smiles really big at us. He has lost another tooth!! So both teeth on the bottom are gone and it's super cute.
Aubrey has been taking dance and she absolutely loves it. Thankfully I had paid for the next six months of classes with my first check or we wouldn't be doing dance. She is always excited to go and she stands right in front of the instructor soaking it all in. She knows the routines and I am amazed. I never could remember the moves without looking at someone else to know what to do next. Well, she is the one the others look to in the middle of the performance because she has got it down. I hope she stays with it for awhile it's fun having a girl that loves tutu's! She still refuses to play with dolls and I find that funny, I never did either and I don't know why. Maybe because I was in between four boys, my two brothers and the two neighbor boys who we were with every day. Aubrey had to take her favorite Christmas present to show and tell, she marched right onto the bus with her pink bow and arrow so proud to show everyone while she was wearing a super cute dress and her hair was in bows. I love that she is so sure of herself.
Kaiden is still my little man with the big heart. The other day Everett and Tehl ended up in a fight over something and Everett kicked Tehl making him cry. Kaiden couldn't stand to see Tehl crying and he came unleashed on Everett for being in the wrong. I could not believe how this tiny meek little boy turned into a punching wild man. He can not stand to see someone hurt and so I had to explain to him that he was no different than Everett who hurt Tehl because he turned and hurt Everett. All this took place while they were in the utility room getting shoes, coats, backpacks on ready for school and I was in Aubrey's room helping her get dressed. I came out to see Kaiden attacking Everett and for a moment my heart was so proud knowing Kaiden really can handle his own. This tiny boy with the big heart. Then after I investigated and found out what happened we got it all worked out and they were buddies again getting on the school bus. I went home and went to bed. I work 6:20pm to 7:20am so I get home in time to take them to the bus, then I sleep till 3 and go pick them up at 4, make supper and leave for work.
Everett is a person all his own. They all are but Everett more than the others. He likes to hang by himself but at night I still find him and Kaiden sleeping together. I love it! Tehl is always happy sleeping by himself and he thrashes so bad at night to get to sleep that the others don't want to sleep with him anyway. It all works out. Kaiden and Tehl love to crash and bang or play with contact, like wrestling or boxing. Everett always ends up playing with Aubrey because he doesn't like to rough house which is a good thing because you look at the child wrong and his nose is bleeding. He gets bloody noses so easy and that is definitely from my side of the family. My Dad and my brothers were the same way.
So I may be frustrated that I can't book the trip to Cabo I wanted to take for our ten year anniversary with my sister and her husband, but I am thankful I have a job, a house, and a healthy family. My kids are such an inspiration and a great dose of medicine that keeps me smiling and going. I only hope I am same to them. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hang in there! Sounds like you are making the best of a tough situation. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete