Our little Miss Aubrey turned four on Monday and wow, has her self changed! We went to the Municipal building to eat pancakes and eggs/ham to support the VFW. We are sitting there putting butter on our pancakes and I reach over to Aubrey's plate saying "Here let me get it cut up for you and you can put the syrup on.". She stops looks at me and says "Uh fwor yehr owds cut der food by demselves Momma." And she was just looking at me like "you should know that". I tried not to loose it laughing. Then the next day she is trying to tell me something and she really has a trouble pronouncing her sounds so I didn't understand what she was trying to say. I had said "What?" twice and she drops her head in her hand shaking her head and says "ugh, dust borget about it". She cracks me up! This morning when I got home from work the kids were getting their shoes on and ready to go to school. Aubrey is in tears and beside herself. I ask what's up and she sobs "Dad didn't help me find my socks!" I look down and she had socks on so I am confused. "What do you mean he didn't help you he did a good job you have socks on both feet?". "I don't want to wear these ones Mom!". "What? Which ones do you want to wear?". Finally I realized she wants to wear the socks a friend gave her on her birthday. So I get them on her and say "Let's just get your socks and shoes on so you can get to Miss Karrisa's and see your friends." "Oh, Mom I just can't go there today!". I thought I was going to keel over. Really? You're four not 13. So we got the boys dropped off to the bus and I said are you ready to go see your friends at Karrisa's? I just can't make it today Mom. So we headed to City Cafe for breakfast and amazingly I didn't fall asleep in my eggs! Then headed to get the boys from the bus she says "Mom I wish I just had a couple brothers" What the heck where did that come from? So I said "What!? Like who would you get rid of?" "Oh, none of them.". Apparently the thought of a couple less people in the house entertained her then she realized she couldn't be without anyone. She is certainly a blessing!
Happy Birthday sweet Aubrey, Jilly Jelly Bean, Lou Hoos, Bisty Beans, Sis, and the piece that completes our family. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment