Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's a given that your kids are going to have some of your traits. I didn't realize that when I saw those traits come out I would be amazed and astonished. The other day Everett was running through the house at full speed playing with the others and he ran smack into the door frame. He didn't judge his corner quite right and after hitting the door frame was propelled across the room. You should have seen the bruise on his shoulder. I tried so hard to be empathetic, but I swear when I saw him do that I saw myself! I have done that more than once so I knew how frustrating it was and how bad it hurt. Aubrey has turned into a little Momma and ran to the fridge for the owie pack (a Lightning McQeen cold compress). Thank goodness she did because I was so astonished watching him mimic me that I didn't react.
The boys like to take their seat belts off at the bottom of the drive way and stand in the burb while we drive up the driveway into the garage. Whomever gets to the front seat first gets to sit there for the 2 seconds it takes to park. However, in their world it's a huge deal! So Tehl manages to get his buckles off, which is a miracle in itself, and starts to barrel to the front. However, he catches his left toe on the seat in front of him and it propels him to the front. He has his hands stretched out to catch himself and somehow he manages to fly over the council of the front seat and land hands outstretched in the passenger dash board. Thankfully he has his hood to his sweatshirt on because when his head connects to the windshield, it cracks in a 10" star pattern. I am numb and think "that didn't just happen". He grabs his head as I wait for the painful screaming to start and instead he pulls something one of my brothers would have done. He looks at me rubbing his head and says "ahhh owie owie, uhh... sorry Mom". I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Today Justin and I are downstairs with the kids when Everett goes upstairs to use the restroom. We never acknowledged that he didn't come back down. They filter between the upstairs and downstairs all the time playing. Finally, that feeling hits Justin and I the same time. Justin heads to the bathroom and I start to go upstairs, running right into Everett. He has dark green eye shadow across his forehead followed by mascara. His face has powder all over it, he smells, and his sleeve is soaked. He looked at me and before I could speak he turned around and said "I will just go put everything back". Ughhh. I follow him and find three or four wet items sitting on the counter and the small cabinet above the toilet open. A couple of months ago the lid to the toilet broke off and we haven't bought a new toilet seat for it. So he climbed up on the toilet tried to get something out of the cabinet, it fell in, and he fished it out. Great, I love sharing my things with the porcelain water! I get it all cleaned up and realize I didn't pick up any make-up yet. So he takes me to my bedroom where it is scattered on the floor and a line is drawn in the carpet with my mascara. He helps me pick it up, looks at me with the uni brow he has drawn, and asks "Mom can I take a bath?". I said "Yes, please do!". He stunk so bad. He had opened a sampler of Miracle perfume that I had gotten 7 years ago and dumped all of it on his shirt. In the process the bottle fell out of his hands into the toilet and he reached in to retrieve it. :)
On a good note Aubrey has started telling me when she has to poop so we head to the bathroom. Yea! It's just weird that she is starting with that one first, but whatever it's still potty training! We are headed to Kearney tomorrow. Everett has a urologist apt to determine if he also needs a meatal stenosis surgery done like Tehl had. Then to the fabulous Wal-Mart. It always takes two hours in there and I am praying we just get to go in and come out, without the need of the emergency eye rinse station this time! I asked a girl at church if she would go with me and hang with the kids at the Children's Museum for a couple of hours while I went to Wal-Mart and she looked at me like I had lost my mind!! I thought it was better than asking her to go to Wal-Mart with us, maybe I was wrong?? Have a great weekend everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. So, did I totally miss your Kearney appt? I suck! And i assume you found that the Museum is still closed? I totally forgot that you called and left me a message the other day. So sorry I missed you, dang it!!!
    Love ya all

    ReplyDelete