Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The triplets have been driving me crazy lately and I mean that will all the love I have for them. I don't usually sugar coat things so I won't coat this either! They all want to talk at once, they want it to be their idea, they are individually going to decide who is going to play with what when and for how long. So as you can guess it doesn't take long for a fight to break out. I try to get to them before the fight, but with them all talking...ok yelling...over each other they can't hear me yelling to help them. Before long I am struggling to figure out what is going to work to make them all be quiet so we can work it out and someone is happy. Because we all know not everyone is going to be happy.
So Sunday as I am getting them buckled in the car for church, they all decide to tell me last minute what they want me to grab from the house before we leave. Everett wants his sunglasses, Tehl wants his "T" cup and his sunglasses, and Kaiden wants his Salley (who has been lost for two weeks) his "K" cup and his sunglasses. So I head in the house to get their requests and my coffee. Thank goodness Mom made the coffee. As I am getting the sunglasses I tell Mom "I remember when they were little and couldn't talk. I was frustrated and wished if they only knew a couple words they could at least tell me what they need it would be helpful. Well, now they can talk and I wish they didn't know how!". Mom laughs and says, it will get better, it's just a phase. We head out the door and make it Sunday school on time.
The class I am in is doing a Dr Kevin Leeman study on raising value based kids in a pleasure driven world. The class has been wonderful and I can't tell you how helpful it has been. Ironically the chapter we are doing on Sun. is titled "How to listen so kids will talk and how to talk so kids will listen". So as we get through the class the discussion question on the page jumps out at me and I start laughing..."Am I seriously reading this!?". "When children learn to talk and gradually get better at it, one thing is certain: they'll wear you out talking to you and asking questions, often saying the same thing over and over. Why do you think...". I am laughing and can't keep it to myself so I lean over and show Mom the book. She starts laughing...and then we have to explain ourselves.
As we left Sunday School to attend service we run into a good friend, Dana. She pulls Salley from her purse and says "when I brought the boys to my house the day Aubrey went to the hospital, it got left there". I can not believe she has found it!!! Do you know how many times I have heard "Mom whear Swally, Mom whear Swally". I am ecstatic to show the boys and then realize there is going to be a knock down drag out deciding who is going to play with her first. Salley goes into Gramma Neens purse until we decide. ;) After service we head to Comstock to celebrate Debbie and Isabelle's birthdays.
The food was yummy and it was good to see everyone. They had a great turnout of family for the celebration, but the uninvited wind was crappy. When we showed up Tehl was sleeping so I unbuckled his buckles and we left him in the car. We checked on him every five minutes and finally an hour later he woke up. I got in the suburban to get him out and you should have seen the look on his face! He was looking out all the windows, pointing, and he couldn't speak. He was stuttering in complete amazement! When he looked to the left there was a John Deere with a wagon, out the drivers window was a huge loader, through the windshield was a Case tractor and another John Deere and out his window was a four wheeler. He just kept saying John Deeres Mom, John Deeres Mom!!! The kiddo thought he woke up in tractor heaven he was so excited!! He LOVES "Iabele, Mowgons" house now. Isabelle and Morgan are my nieces, my sister Debbie's girls.
Aubrey has become quite the little go getter. Friday she decided she could run and it was the funniest thing to watch. She would start running, but instead of going anywhere she would run in place! By the time she would start actually running she was cringing because her brothers had caught up with her and she thought they were going to push her so she braces. This would seal her fate and she would crash. She has it down now though, and runs through the house just to run. She is super cute to watch, her arms are bent at the elbow with her hands by her ears and when she runs her chest doesn't move, but her her little hips are swiveling! She is so impressed with herself she giggles and her little teeth are showing. She has decided she doesn't need anyone to feed her, she can operate the spoon herself. Momma doesn't like this because it creates a huge mess, but she is fun to watch and she is so proud! We usually compromise. She holds the spoon, I hold her hand on the spoon and I help her get a scoop and into her mouth. We'll see how long she lets me help her! She is learning new words and ways of letting us know what she wants. Today I made the comment to Justin "I am so glad she didn't split into three, I don't think I could have handled three of her!". He laughed and agreed. The boys are a challenge, but for the most part they are easy going. She may be the opposite of that! ;) She might be easy going, but she'll for sure have an opinion. Nothing wrong with knowing what you want, huh?
Good night, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment