Monday, May 17, 2010

Hello out there!

Well, we are still here and kicking. I can't believe it has been two months since my last post, but then again I can. The kids are constantly moving and that keeps me doing the same. I think the boys have found a potion I don't know about because the last month and a half they have been so wired and busy! One day I was just about in tears yelling to Justin it makes me feel so incompetent that I am home with them all day and they still manage to destroy the place. He was helping me pick up the bean tubs that had been dumped and drove/walked/played in. The weather hasn't helped with the rain and cold temperatures. I know it's spring, but I am so ready for summer. We may have a wonderful sand box and swing set in our own yard, but it is so relaxing to take them to the park and spend the afternoon there. They play nonstop nicely together and I sit down instead of constantly picking up after them! Last week it was rainy and cold again so we all loaded up to go to the indoor tennis courts and run off some steam. Just as we pulled up and bailed out so did the city cleaning crew! The kids were crying as they got back in their car seats, I just about joined them. So we headed to Pamida and walked the store just to get out of the house for awhile.
This past weekend we went to Justin's nephew's graduation in Sublette KS. We ate lunch at the steakhouse and the kids were jacking around after the meal. All of a sudden Everett stopped, looked at us with his eyes really wide and his face turning white. Justin looks at him and asks "do you need to go to the bathroom?". Everett says "I thought I had to toot, but something came out". The look on his face with his explanation sent us all laughing so Justin takes him in the bathroom and says let's just take your underwear off and we'll get you more when we get back to Uncle Jimmie's. I decide I am not carrying the dirty things around all day and throw them away. So we head outside to chat while waiting for the ceremony to start and the kids are jacking around on the sidewalk. Tehl bends over to pick something up and his britches are falling off. Then with a second look we see that he is wearing two pair of underwear!!! Are you kidding, what are the chances? So I take Tehl and Everett back into the steakhouse, get Everett outfitted in a pair of underwear again and we head to Brodie's graduation!
They are all so funny and challenging at the same time. I was getting ready to vacuum this morning and Everett grabs his vacuum and follows me around the house the entire time I vacuum. Then he helps with the laundry. Before I knew it we needed to get to an apt at 10:30 am so we head out the door, but Tehl forgets his cars...again...and heads back in the house. He turns around and yells, "Momma, the door is locked!". Ahh, crap!! So are all the others! So we head to the apt and the whole time I am trying to figure out how to get back into the house. The spare keys I always have with me are inside the house because we came back from our trip the night before and in all the confusion of getting unloaded and kids to bed I completely forgot them. When we got home I remembered I had opened the boys window off the deck and they are always playing with that screen maybe by chance I can get in there without breaking something. Thankfully I can still fit through the window, because it worked to break into my own house. The dog gave me some weird looks, but we were in!!
Later Justin started mowing and Everett runs to get his mower. He followed Justin around the entire yard and every time Justin took the bag off to empty it into his pick-up Everett mimicked the same thing with his imaginary bag. I kept thinking, he'll quit sometime soon. Nope, he hung in there till Justin put the mower away. He is going to be a great helper!
Little Miss Aubrey is a four year old trapped in a two year old body. She is so determined to do everything they do. She can sing the ABC's count to 11 and knows more nursery rhyme songs then I do! She is non-stop singing Old McDonald and this farm only has a horse. Just lately she has let us add other animals, before if you sang something other than a horse she would yell and yell. "No, No, Ol McDonald, horse!" A few weeks ago we were at the park playing. Her and Kaiden we over by the teeter totter. Aubrey LOVES to go high and Kaiden will just about wet his pants when heights are involved. So Kaiden is standing next to the seat picking it up and down, Aubrey runs over and hops on the seat on the other side. Kaiden is so mad because he just wants to play and so he yells at her to get off and tries to get her off by pushing down on the seat at his end. I am pushing Tehl in the swing, just as I hear the commotion and start to say something. Aubrey obliges and hops off...as Kaiden pushes hard on the seat. The seat Aubrey was on flies up and catches her in the mouth chipping her left front tooth. We console and head home to get some Tylenol. Her favorite thing is to sit in any one's car seat but her own. When we drop the boys off for preschool she is so excited to have free choice and loves it!
Tehl and Kaiden are wonderful at egging each other on and try to out do each other. The more one laughs the better in their book. I can't help but laugh with them sometimes! One the way home from KS Tehl and Kaiden we sitting next to each other in the way back and picking on each other best they could being strapped in their car seats. Finally, I told Justin "sometimes the laughter can be just as wearing as the fighting". I am so glad he fully understood.
We are headed for another KS adventure on Wed and hope all goes well. My nephew Bryant is graduating an hour from the Missouri and Oklahoma border. We will stay the night with my cousin in Nebraska City, meet up with my Mom, sister, and her husband there and head south. May you all have a great blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment